Below is a non-exhaustive table of security plans in effect at TecSOM production site:
Communication and job training
These measures are put in place for the benefit of employees as soon as they are hired, even for a temporary work mission, and on the occasion of a change of workstation, whether motivated by occupational medicine or not.
Personal protection equipment (PPE)
At TecSOM production plant, PPE differs slightly from one station to another:
- Gloves: production, maintenance, logistics.
- Protective glasses: production, maintenance, logistics.
- Harness, helmet: maintenance.
- Hearing protection: station where the noise is greater than 85 dB.
- Workwear adapted to the task (e.g.: maintenance, chemical).
- Secure tools (ex: retractable blade cutter): production, maintenance.
- Safety shoes: all workstations.
- Surgical masks: all workstations.
Machine safety equipment
In order to avoid serious accidents, some machines or production lines are equipped with safety guard or safety light curtain. These are automatic disconnection devices for operating machines. The safety guard is a mechanical device connected to a protective element, such as a gate or a door, that stops the machine as soon as it is touched. The light curtain is an optoelectronic device that triggers the shutdown procedure and automatically disconnects all potentially dangerous machines as soon as a movement is detected in the safety zone.
*QSE = Quality - Security - Environment